Friday, June 18, 2010

Birthday Weekend

A little re-cap of my wonderful birthday weekend:

Friday: To start my birthday off right, my sweet man friend ever so kindly packed me a little lunch :) While, I had to work on my birthday, my day went quite fast. I was surprised by cards, gifts and flowers throughout the day from some amazing people in my life and my boss took me out for a delicious birthday lunch. I left work a bit early and ran around like a chicken with my head cut off, gather last minute things for Lionel's birthday and Father's Day gifts. That evening Mike and my dad came over to the house. We had a glass of champagne (or two) before heading to TeePee for dinner. Per usual, we ate ourselves into food comas. We went back to my house and enjoyed some delightful cupcakes from Sprinkles, complete with candles to blow out. We opened gifts before walking over to the bars. We started at Loco (obviously) where Jillian, Dana, Jon and Mandy met us. Jon and Lionel hit it off and entertained themselves with "surf talk" for quite some time. After Loco we headed over to Bungalow for a few more drinks before heading home. It was so nice to spend the evening with some of my favorites. I hadn't seen Dana in what feels like forever and it was fun for everyone to meet Lionel!!

pretty flowers from hutch and art followed by a beautiful purple and gold package from UW, which I forgot to snap a picture of, bummer!

Some of Lionel's birthday and Father's Day gifts

our delicious cupcakes, lemon coconut and peanut butter chocolate chip
Saturday: Mike and I slept in, ahhh! Lionel came over to the house and we all headed up to the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale at Gainey Ranch. Lucky for us, our room was ready early, so we got to check in right away. My hotel rep totally set us up in a beautiful suite and the nice gentleman at the front desk upgraded us to Regency Club after I told him that I used to work there. (This job definitely has its perks) After we got settled, we put our suits on and headed down to the awesome 2.5 acre pool! We ate lunch and indulged in a few fruity cocktails. The three of us talked and laughed, played water basketball and went down the three story water-slide. Lora and her boyfriend Nick came by for a bit and the five of us headed up to the Regency Club for happy hour. That evening Mike and I had an awesome dinner at SWB. Fresh guacamole (made right at our table), crab cakes, tortilla soup, a filet and coconut sorbet. Que food coma; round 2. After a long day in the sun and way too much food, we called it an early night.

our sweet suite

ahhh king size bed, my favorite

such beautiful grounds

part of the "adult pool"

nelly in his hat

ohhh hey there, Mikey

enjoying some "uber coladas"

champagne and chocolate covered marshmellows waiting for us in the room


"cheers"
Sunday: Another morning of sleeping in, courtesy of black out shades at the hotel, Mike and I woke up at 9am and checked out of the hotel. I had plans to meet Lionel for Father's Day breakfast at 10am. My favorite Uncle Mike, Aunt Becky, Cousin Katelyn and her two sweet girls joined us. We tried a new place by my house, Randy's, which was pretty OK. After breakfast I took Lionel to the airport, we said our goodbyes and he got on his plane. I cried the whole way to Mike's house after dropping him off. It was so nice to have him in town for 2 whole weeks. I miss him dearly and feel fortunate to have such a fun and funny dad. While it is hard for me to only see him every 6 months, I know that he is so happy in Maui. I am really looking forward to our Christmas trip. I spent Sunday afternoon catching glimpses of movies and the US Open in between naps. I cooked a delicious dinner and Mike and I caught up on The Bachelorette.

father's day with ellie and aubreyel

Thank you to everyone who made my birthday so special. I am very lucky to have such amazing people in my life.

xoxo,
whit

No comments:

Post a Comment