Sunday, November 28, 2010

Goodbye Scottsdale, Hello Seattle.

Welcome to Seattle, Bienvenido a Seattle. Ok, so it doesn't exactly have the same ring to it, but you get the idea. As I have been quite neglectful of my blog, I figured it's only appropriate that I catch you all up on my new life here in the Rainy City.

As you could imagine, the move from lovely Scottsdale to rainy Seattle was minorly traumatic. My last few weeks in Scottsdale were a blur of moving boxes, tears, goodbyes and much needed breakfast buzzes, if you get what I'm saying. My last night in town was spent having dinner at 5th and Wine with my very favorite people. From there, Mike and I packed up my little car and made the long drive to CA. I balled, literally, the whole way out of town. After we hit the ten, I calmed down a bit and fell asleep. Lucky for me, Mike drove a majority of the way there before we switched places somewhere by the Jurassic Park fence along I-5. We made it to Santa Rosa where we spent a few days with Mike's mom and family before finishing the drive to good old Fair Oaks. We spent a few days there before Mike headed back to Phoenix, without me. Que leaky eyeballs, now. I spent the next few days getting ready for the big move.

Being the awesome man that he is, Art offered to drive my over-packed car up to Seattle and Hutch and I took the quicker route via Southwest Airlines. The next few days were spent running way too many errands, putting together far more Ikea furniture than I even care to think about and making a solid attempt at keeping the tears under-wraps. I am so fortunate to have such awesome parents to help me with everything, even less than glamorous moves.

After Art and Hutch left, I spent the next few days getting settles, meeting my roommates and exploring the city before school started. We had an orientation at a Ropes Course on Whidbey Island, which was a total blast. Then, the following week, school started. It's been a bit of a blur, to be completely honest. It's had it's ups and downs, but all in all, has turned out to be pretty awesome. The program is #3 in the nation, so I'm hoping that'll church up my resume a bit and help me score some sweet job post-graduation, plus the bragging rights aren't too terrible. We're closing in on finals week. One quarter down, five more to go. I've met some pretty interesting people, eaten at some delicious restaurants and found a few little Seattle gems. My new roommates are pretty awesome and we have a great little place in the cutest neighborhood, within walking distance to a few bars and restaurants and a 5 minute bus ride to campus.

I've been traveling as much as possible, going to visit Mike in Phoenix, going home for Nicole's baby shower (Miss Nayeli is due early next year!!), Thanksgiving, you get the idea! Hutch and Mike have both been to visit and Lindsey is coming in January. Whoop, whoop!! Can't even wait!! I'm heading to visit my dad in Maui for Christmas and I am so so excited!! Other than that, not too much to report.
Going away dinner at 5th and Wine.
Jurassic Park fence, right Missy?
We had the chance to visit with Mike's sweet baby nephew on the way up to Sacramento.
Time, Mike and I at some bar in Santa Rosa.
We ventured over to Bodega Bay for the afternoon.
Mikey driving Miss Daisy.
Home Sweet Home.

Hutch made an awesome dinner for us the night we got to Fair Oaks. She's such an awesome momma :)
Ropes course at Whidbey Island.
Great Seattle Gem.

Yummmm.
Fish Market @ Pike.
So many fresh flower, a HUGE bouquet for like $10.
Mmmmmm, fresh veggies too.
Best Mac n Cheese, ever.
$10 flowers, definite gem!!
Mike and I at Pike.
Mike and I drenched while watching the UW vs ASU game. ASU won, obviously.
Cute little park by my new place :)

Captured on my morning run.
While it may have been the most traumatic experience of my life, I survived my first snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment